Saturday, March 2, 2013

So proud of my Claire!

Claire has been at a standstill when it comes to reading.   She will be 7 in June and I was starting to think I was never going to get her going.  She knew all her letter sounds and could ssslllooowwwlly sound them out, but then she couldn't figure out what word she was trying to say.  

But ....

Yesterday Claire had a breakthrough with her reading! I'm so proud! She was just giddy with herself!

I decided to pull The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading out and and start back at the beginning.  We whizzed through lessons 1-27 (which were just each letter and it's sound) and when we got to lesson 28 she sounded out the first word, and then the second, and then the third!  We did 4 more lessons and she read every word she needed too with minimal difficulties.  Claire was so excited and proud of herself! 

Last night before going to bed she told me, "Mom, I want to do school everyday! Forever! And if someone tells me to stop I'll just say 'No! I still have things I need to learn!'" ♥ 

She knows her way to her mama's heart.

2 comments:

  1. That's really great! She is your daughter, though. Was there ever any doubt she'd be an avid reader? ;)

    ReplyDelete