Monday, August 2, 2010

They grow up so quickly!

My little sister turned 19 yesterday and that blows my mind. I was 9 1/2 when she was born and when I was 11 we left my stepfather. I practically helped raised her and our younger brother (17 months between them). I changed so many diapers and read "Hop on Pop" SO many times. That was her favorite book as a toddler and I ended up memorizing the stupid thing! She drove me crazy and between the two of them convinced me I would never want children. Heehee. My mom swore they were the world's best birth control for me as a teenager! When I was expecting The Girl people made stupid comments about how I would be with my first child. Nope, already raised two! By the time I got to my own I was an old hand! Now my sis is working on college and waitressing and hoping to be a photojournalist or in graphic design. I'm so proud of her!

1 comment:

  1. I raised my three siblings and helped out a lot with the next family I lived with. It really was my birth control! LOL

    ReplyDelete