Thursday, August 6, 2015

Reading Time

I can't tell you how happy this picture makes me.


This has been a common view this summer.

Claire has been a "struggling reader" for the last few years.  She has always loved books - but looking at booksm not actually reading them.  I am a voracious reader and always have been, so this has been difficult for me, but somehow this summer everything clicked.  I am finding her in her bed reading by flashlight when I go to bed and she is snatching moments when she can to dive into her books.  She went from barely reading a few month ago to chapter books that she is eagerly giving me a synopsis of multiple times a day.  Even with her busy play and chore schedule she is reading at least 5 chapters a day.  Today she told me that she she can't believe how easy it is for her to read inside her head.  She still struggles at reading out loud.  I think she's a little too much like me in that department.  I read too fast and my mouth can't keep up and it confuses me.  She tells me everything that happens in the books (trust me EVERYTHING) so I know she is getting them.  It makes me so happy to see my little bookworm deep inside a book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment