Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nesting?

I have been obsessed with stocking our pantry, raising chickens, homesteading and the possibility of raising meat rabbits lately.

Daddy laughed and said I was nesting.

Umm, well I guess that would make sense. 

We are getting chicks next month.  Daddy still needs to build my new chicken coop - our old chicken coop is falling apart.  Fortunately they will not be old enough to go outside until they are 4-6 weeks old so he has a little leeway.  I am so excited.  Claire can't wait to get the baby chickens.  She will be helping feed them and collect the eggs when they start laying, but for now she will be in charge of socializing them.  At this age that just means snuggling little balls of fluff.  I think she will enjoy her job!  :) 

I can't wait to post updates on our "little backyard farm".

No comments:

Post a Comment