Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Well, crap. How did I let that happen?

I went to the homeschool mom meeting last night and as we were discussing our "normal day schedule" two things dawned on me.

#1 I spend WAY too much time online.

#2 The Girl controls everything we do in this house.

How did I let this happen? I never thought I would have a dictator as a daughter. I didn't even realize it was happening. We leave the house everyday because The Girl "has" to, she decides what we eat for breakfast, lunch and snack, on days I don't have specific places to go she "tells" me where we should go and I usually say "okay'.

My first step will be Mama chooses all foods. It was very interesting when she said she was hungry and I went to get the snack of my choice (carrots) and she said "I don't want carrots." Okay. So I sat back down. The look on her face was priceless.

The second step will be cutting down on TV. We don't have cable or satellite so we just have a large collection of DVD's to watch. We all wake up slowly in the morning so we usually watch something when we first get up and Mama can get in the shower. But from now on after that one there will be no TV until after dinner. (Sick days don't count!) ;)

My third resolution is simple. If I don't have something I want to do we don't leave the house. And I'm trying to limit how many trips to the store, so we will probably have at least 2 or 3 days a week where we stay at home.

This is going to be very interesting. Someone is in for a rude awakening ...


P.S. Realization #1 will be a post for another day! ;)

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a GREAT job with your kiddos... good luck w/ your new resolutions!

    ReplyDelete