Friday, February 20, 2015

Blessings in the Bad

One by one my entire family has had a stomach bug this week.  Ick!

On Monday night/Tuesday Nicholas and Declan were throwing up and down for the count.  So pathetic for a little 6 month old!  Poor Nicholas just spent most of the day on the floor with the chills.

The next day Chandler said his stomach hurt and he just laid around most of the day but thankfully did not get too sick.  That same day Fiona slept WAY more then normal.  She woke up her normal time, but then fell asleep on Mom's bed for several hours.  She then had a normal/longish nap and crashed right before bedtime.

On Wednesday night after going to bed Claire came down and told us she had thrown up - in between her bed and night table.  Did I mention we have strawberry shortcake for dessert that night?  Nasty mess.  She continued to throw up several times before I went to bed.  Then I woke up in the middle of the night with whole body shuddering chills and promptly lost it.  Joy.

But I have to say I have an amazing husband.  Due to snow he was working at the workshop which is only about a 1/2 mile from home.  He went to work late because he got everyone together and fed in the morning for me while I laid on the couch pathetically.  Then he came home at lunch and fed everyone and put Fiona down for her nap.  After work he put Declan in the carrier and washed dishes, cleaned up Fiona's messes and fed dinner.

I am blessed to have such a wonderful man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment