Thursday, September 15, 2011

I must be crazy

So, on Tuesday we had dinner at my mother-in-laws house. They had a new kitten and the kids had a wonderful time playing with it. My mother-in-law told us it was from a litter of kittens that was now at the Animal Control Center and that the next day was their last chance to be adopted or they would be put down. :( Daddy is such a softy when it comes to animals even if he tries not to be. He grabbed me and told me to check it out and bring home no more then two if it was true.

WHAT?! Weren't we just saying we had too many cats and we were glad when we got back down to two?? But we couldn't just let little baby kittens die.

So, yesterday morning we went down there to see what was going on. Turns out there were 5 kittens/young cats that would be put down that afternoon if no one adopted them. We got there at 11:30 so it really was a last minute stay of execution. I wish I could have taken them all home, but two really was our max. After snuggling with several of them and debating for a few minutes (my mom came to help make a decision) we ended up with the youngest two, 10 week old brothers. They are practically twins as you can see:

The only difference is the one in the back has a stubby, crooked tail. Not really sure how that happens ... The one in the front has been christened "Mal" after Captain Malcolm Reynolds and stubby tailed one is "Han" after Han Solo. Yes, we are nerds! ;) Mal climbed in bed with Daddy and I this morning and snuggled and purred. He's a real sweetie and very affectionate. Han is quieter, but he loves to snuggle. They've been stuffing their faces and seem very happy. I'm so glad we were able to give them a chance!

1 comment: