Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Good Reminder

Last night a drunk driver hit a power pole and knocked out the electricity to half the county.  14,000 people were out of power!  It only last about 2 hours, but the sun was going down and after we pulled out the oil lamps and flashlights for each person I was amazed looking around and seeing how many completely dark houses there were around me.

It was a good reminder of what you need for an emergency - like I shouldn't have been putting batteries in flashlights in the dark.  Preparation is key! 

I spent much of the blackout using my phone and checking what was going on. My friends and I got very silly as the time wore on, but having that connection was reassuring. 

I definitely have some things to think about for any next time we might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment