Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Pantry

Last winter was a hard winter in our house.  But thankfully due to my tendency to keep a stocked pantry we were okay even if I had to get a little creative for meals.  I know there is a good possibility that this coming winter may be rough too.  This area is extremely seasonal economically and if the weather is bad Daddy is unable to make it to work.  And we will have extra mouths to feed this winter!  So I have been slowly preparing, but now it's crunch time.  Downstairs in the basement was my sister's old bedroom.  Now it is my "almost there" stocked pantry! 




I was pleasantly surprised by how much I had already gotten and only have a few odds and ends that I want a little more of (i.e. pasta, sugar, baking soda, etc).  We also have an extra fridge and upright freezer so I feel pretty good.  It's amazing how reassuring plenty of food in the cupboards can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment