Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Gardening

Spring is here and that means I haven't been online much.  We have been busy getting our new garden plot started.  We are in the process of buying my mom's house and we have so much planned for it it's overwhelming!  The new garden plot it where the old chicken run used to be plus a little more.  It's about 25x35 and we are shoving as much as possible in there!



Yes, that is me digging a garden with a baby strapped on my back.  I am woman, hear me roar!


This is what we have so far.  Nicely tilled and straw on the pathways.  The large area with straw on the right is already planted potatoes.  

We also have a broody hen!  I got some fertile eggs from a local woman for her to sit on so we might have more baby chicks soon.  Praying she will be a good mama!

Edith our hopeful mama

No comments:

Post a Comment